Canoeist's ideas of a "gentle river trip" vary enormously. If yours is of very slow moving water or inland navigations you might prefer to look at our page on such waters: Lowland River and Inland Navigation Touring.
If your idea of Gentle River Tripping includes riffles and small rapids plus navigable weirs and perhaps the occasional bit of lining or portaging... you're in the right place!
We will add more detail here in due course, but for now, here are links to UK Rivers Guidebook entries for some of the more obvious gentle river tripping options in Yorkshire...
- River Calder - Hebden Bridge to Sowerby Bridge
- River Calder - Sowerby Bridge Whitewater Course to Brighouse
- River Don - Stocksbridge to Oughtibridge
- River Don - Doncaster Prison to Barnby Dun
- River Swale - Gunnerside Bridge to Grinton
- River Swale - Grinton to Richmond
- River Swale - Richmond to Catterick
- River Ure - West Tanfield to Ouse
- River Wharfe - Ilkley to Otley
For more options see http://www.ukriversguidebook.c...
This site is still under development and in time we will update this page. If you've got content to add, or would like to help, please get in touch!