Even within Yorkshire, recreational boating comes in an amazing variety of shapes and sizes.
Here, we'll concentrate simply on what takes place on our open water and along our coastlines:
- Open Water Touring - Inland
- Open Water Tripping / Expeditions
- Estuary Touring / Coastal Day Tripping
- Sea Kayaking - Offshore
- Adventure Sailing
- Kayak Fishing
- Tiderace Playboating
- Surfzone Playboating & Competition (including Sit on Top and SUP)
- Canoe, Kayak or SUP Polo
We list dozens of other varieties of boating under:
- Challenge, Adventure and Exploration: Rivers, Creeks and Headwaters
- Adventure Racing and Fitness in Nature
- Learning, Supporting Personal Development and Serving Others
Explore to find recreational options as different as Beyond-the-Paddle Journeying, River Running and Steep Creeking - and competition options as different as Steep Creek (Extreme) Racing and events for International 10 Square Metre Sailing Canoes!