Even within Yorkshire, competition, racing and "fitness-in-nature" boating comes in an amazing variety of shapes and sizes.
Many competitions are just fun variations on what everyone else does on rivers / open water such as:
Most other competition is a form of Adventure Racing - a Stopwatch Event
- Ascent / Descent Racing & Inland Marathon
- Wild Water Racing
- Ocean Racing - including Surf-Ski / Outrigger Canoe
- Sprint - including Va'a, Ski, SUP
- Slalom - including Open Canoe / SUP Slalom
- Steep Creek (Extreme) Racing
- Raft Racing
- IC10 Sailing
- Dragonboat Racing
We list dozens of other varieties of boating under:
- Challenge, Adventure and Exploration: Rivers, Creeks and Headwaters
- Challenge, Adventure and Exploration: Open Water and Coastal
- Learning, Supporting Personal Development and Serving Others
Explore to find recreational options from Beyond-the-Paddle Journeying, River Running and Steep Creeking to Surfzone Playboating, Rock-Hopping and Kayak Fishing - plus judged competition options such as Freestyle and Surf!
Competition, Racing & Fitness in Nature... news
Feedback on the 1st Access and Environment Consultation - Castleford - 31st January 2018.
VACANCY - BC Access & Environment Officer
Could you improve waterway access and deliver British Canoeing’s environmental awareness campaign? British Canoeing wants a new staff member to lead on environment and conservation...
Competition, Racing & Fitness in Nature... events
Song-of-the-Paddle "Big Meet" 2016 @ Ripon
Magdalen's Road, Ripon. HG4 1HX.
Annual gathering of Open Boaters - based around members of the Song-of-the-Paddle forum - getting together this year on the banks of the River Ure in North Yorkshire...
Playboating, Boater-X, National Championship Racing, a BBQ and a Party at England's Premier Dam Release River...
Summer Paddlesports Festival - Playboating, Boater-X, National Championship Racing, a BBQ and a Party at England's Premier Dam Release River...