The Southern Regional Development Team is a committee of volunteers set up by British Canoeing to support all paddling opportunities and all paddling disciplines in the Southern Region.
The region hosts paddlers from a variety of paddling backgrounds ranging from introductory to elite levels, in recreational paddling competitions and expeditions. There are also several clubs, commercial centres and providers.
The Chair, on behalf of the Regional Development Team, reports to the English Council twice a year. This is an opportunity to shape British Canoeing’s activities in your region and air your views.
- Actively support protection of our waterways and environment
- Support continued development of coaches and leaders
- Develop and recognise volunteers
- Improve communication throughout the region
- Deliver workshops/forums to share best practice and resources
- Arrange meetings and encourage organisation of events
Regional Meetings - 2020 Dates
- 3rd March, 7pm-9:30pm, Woodmill, Woodmill Lane, Southampton, Hampshire, SO18 2JR
- 27th April, 7pm-9:30pm - Online Only - Actions Catch up
- 2nd June, 7pm-9:30pm, Buckinghamshire - TBC
- 23rd July, 7pm-9:30pm - Online Only - Actions Catch up
- 8th September, 7pm-9:30pm, Riverside Centre for Outdoor Learning, Donnington Bridge, Oxfordshire, OX4 4AZ
- 27th October, 7pm-9:30pm - Online Only - Actions Catch up
- 3rd December, 7pm-9:30pm, Wokingham Waterside Centre, Thames Valley Park Drive, Earley, Reading, Berkshire RG6 1PQ
We are also enabling individuals to join remotely, you can find the details through our Facebook Events, Google Calendar or request a link to join from our [email protected]
Terms of Reference
The last approved terms of reference are below
Regional Development Plans are reviewed each year to create a focus for the region. Items include what types of events and frequency of events the region need to organise, development opportunities individuals and groups.
The latest approved development plan is below
The region reports on its progress and activities for the annual report each year.
The latest approved annual report is below
We hold committee meetings regularly throughout the year and are open to all individual British Canoeing members as well as members of affiliated clubs.
The team aim to meet at least once a quarter, to help plan regional events, activities and execute development objectives.
The last approved minutes are below
Annual Consultative Meeting Minutes
The team hold the Annual Consultative Meetings in November each year, which can be used as an opportunity to learn about what has happened in the year, share ideas to improve paddling in the region and to voice opinions that can then be taken to British Canoeing central the following year.
The last approved Annual Consultative Meeting Minutes are below