As a British Canoeing member you can paddle these navigations without the need to purchase an additional license. The Wey and Arun Canal has been added to the British Canoeing license.
The East Rother is also navigable from Bodiam to Rye. The tidal sections of the Adur, Arun, Cuckmere, Ouse and Stour are regularly paddled and are highly enjoyable providing you get the tides right.
The River Mole from Esher to the Thames at Molesey has an access arrangement for all year paddling.
Kent and Sussex has a stunning coastline and is great for sea touring. No one can deny the beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover or the magnificent view of Seven Sisters from the mouth of the Cuckmere.
Canoe TrailsYou can find a range of great Canoe Trails in the South East on the British Canoeing Canoe Trails look up here.
Regional Waterways Advisor
- Noel Humphrey Email
- Adur: Clare Thurgar Email:
- Arun: Sam Wright
- Cuckmere: Douglas Caffyn Email:
- Mole: Noel Humphrey Email:
- Medway: Clive Neale Email:
- Ouse (Sussex): Clive Edwards Email:
- Thames (Egham to Teddington): Kevin East Email:
- Wantsum: Michael Underhill-Rose Email:
- Wey: Graham Hodgson Email:
- West Rother: Noel Humphrey Email:
Reservoirs and lakes