The East Midlands region offers an extensive variety of water to paddle, with little access problems.
- A large network of canals and river navigations with many backwaters to explore
- Light whitewater sites capable of holding divisional slalom events and down river races
- The long Lincolnshire coast line
- The National Centre at Holme Pierrepont with its white water and regatta courses, the site of many national and international events Link
- The artificial slalom course in Northamptonshire Link
- One of the largest artificial lakes in Europe, Rutland Water Link
In line with British Canoeing’s plan for more places to paddle, we support the work of the 10 Canal Restoration Societies who are working at restoring more navigable miles to paddle. The Region comprises of the following counties:
The Regional Development Team (RDT) is here to support paddlers, clubs and coaches in the region, and to promote paddling events throughout the East Midlands. For full details of all contacts visit our contact page here.
Get social with us
Click or tap on the image below to follow us on Facebook.
East Midlands events
East Midlands news
Providing consolidation in the journey to Coach Assessment
Oh how I wish I had taken a video of the three men in a boat at the beginning of the day and again at the end.
The Soar Tour - the last bit
The final length of the Soar as it flows to the Trent. Soar Boat Club are hosting a weekend for clubs and groups to come and paddle the beautiful downstream sections of the Soar. Either as a day paddle or join in for the overnight camp and social.