Talent Club Partnerships
A new partnership to develop the next generation of elite athletes
As part of the national Stronger Together strategic plan, the England Talent Programme is committed to supporting and working in partnership with English performance focused clubs during the Tokyo Olympic cycle by providing additional engagement, resources and support. The Talent Club Partnership programme facilitates the opportunity for clubs to work as an integral part of the athlete development process and our future Olympic successes.
This programme aims to build a world leading club development system which supports every athlete to be the best they can be and helps to support the development of more performance coaches within the British Canoeing pathway.
Our objectives are;
- To contribute to GB being the number one nation in the world at the Junior and Under 23 World Championship by 2024.
- Deliver club paddlers to the Junior World Champion medal podium by 2020.
Each of our Talent Partner Clubs;
- Provides excellent club infrastructure and support
- Builds a vibrant talent pathway for all paddlers
- Supports the very best young athletes to fulfil their potential on the world stage
- Supports the development of coaches at club level
- Drives GB successes at World Junior, U23 and Senior level
Talent Club Partners