This edition includes the opportunity to join the Technical Groups, the announcement of the Stand Up Paddleboard Coach Award pathway, as well as our brand new personalised Provider clothing.
Save the date... 2019 Coaching & Leadership Conference: 23rd & 24th November at Eastwood Hall, Nottinghamshire. More details to follow.
- Opportunities to join British Canoeing Technical Groups: There are a range of Technical Groups that have membership opportunities for paddlers to join, helping shape qualifications and awards, advise on discipline developments and support the Head of Coaching and Qualifications.
- NEW Stand Up Paddleboard Coach Awards: British Canoeing Awarding Body is pleased to announce four new Coach Award pathways for those looking to coach Stand Up Paddleboarding. The National Associations will shortly be recruiting Providers and an Orientation will take place on the 30th/31st July 2019, based at British Canoeing, Nottinghamshire.
- Is your PFD tape the right length? A great new info-graphic from UCLan representing Collins and Onions research, with clear guidance on the length of tape for your PFD.
IMPORTANT: Ensure you always follow manufacturers' guidelines in using both PFD and harness systems.
- NEW: Personalised Branded Provider Clothing: British Canoeing clothing is now available for Personalised Performance Award Providers, with the opportunity to personalise with your own logos and branding! Available for Coaches, Clubs and Centres, there are a range of options to suit all budgets, starting from just £6.99 for a Polo shirt!
- Research Recruitment: A Coaching Diploma graduate is seeking participants for their MSc research project looking at the experiences of higher level British Canoeing Coaches (in non competitive disciplines) and Leaders. This will focus on the challenges and enablers experienced by Coaches and Leaders on their journey to qualification and in their professional practice. It is hoped that this research will highlight how higher level Coaches and Leaders might be better supported and enabled. This will just require being anonymously interviewed by the researcher. If you would like to be involved, please email [email protected].
Coaches, Raft Guides and Bell Boat Helms can deliver some of the NEW Personal Personal Awards? All aspirant Providers will need to complete the Provider eLearning. The eLearning provides 3 years' CPD, the British Canoeing Assessor training and access to a range of logos to use for your marketing and promotion. Click here to start your eLearning today!