One product, one price.
We've recently worked with Towergate to review the insurance cover available to our members. We’ve created a straight forward product option that is a simple to add to your membership.
- Cover for up to two craft (canoes, paddleboards and kayaks) up to £2,000 each
- Up to £250 cover for any one paddle
- Theft cover where the canoe is suitably secured
- Accidental damage excluding denting or bruising whilst in transit.
Purchasing Craft Insurance
The insurance can only be taken out as a benefit of your membership. So, simply add it when joining or renewing on our online membership system.
The policy can be downloaded from your membership area. You can see the policy at the bottom of this page.
If you need cover now and don’t want to wait until your membership renewal, you can get craft insurance directly with Towergate by calling them on 0344 892 1318 for a quote.
How to make a claim
If you have purchased craft insurance as part of your membership and you would like to make a claim, you should contact Towergate Insurance for a claim form and instructions.
This should be done as soon as reasonably practicably after the occurrence.
Telephone: 0330 018 2292
Email: [email protected]
In writing: Specialist Personal Lines, Direct Group, PO Box 800, Elland, HX1 9ET
Telling Towergate about a claim
- If you have an accident or loss you might want to claim for under the policy, you must advise them as soon as possible with as much information as possible.
- You must tell the police about any theft, attempted theft, vandalism, malicious damage or loss of your craft.
Statutory cancellation rights
You may cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase by contacting the British Canoeing Membership team. You will be given a full refund of any premium paid provided that;
- You have not made and are not intending to make a claim
- No incident likely to give rise to a claim has occurred
British Canoeing is an Introducer of Towergate Insurance. Towergate Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group limited. Registered in England Company No. 4043759 Registered Office: 2 Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7PD. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the FCA’s register by checking the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768.