We've recently worked with Towergate to simplify the insurance options available to our members.
When you take out your British Canoeing membership, you can choose to include either individual, multi craft, individual plus or multi craft plus cover. The insurance comprises:
- Cover for canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, paddles, helmets and buoyancy aids
- Cover for accidental loss or damage
- Up to 30 days in Europe at any one time
- Cover for all canoeing activities, including competitions
Individual cover includes:
Only £35 JOIN HERE >>
Our multi craft cover includes:
Only £60 JOIN HERE >>
Individual cover plus+ includes:
Only £90 JOIN HERE >>
Our multi craft cover plus+ includes:
Only £180 JOIN HERE >>
Purchasing Craft Insurance
The insurance runs with your membership. So, simply add it when joining or renewing on our online membership system.
The policy can be downloaded from your membership area.
If you need cover now and don’t want to wait until your membership renewal, you can get craft insurance direct with Towergate by calling them on 0344 892 1318.
How to make a claim
If you have purchased craft insurance as part of your membership and you would like to make a claim, you should contact Towergate Insurance for a claim form and instructions.
This should be done as soon as reasonably practicably after the occurrence.
Telephone: 0330 018 2292
Email: [email protected]
In writing: Specialist Personal Lines, Direct Group, PO Box 800, Elland, HX1 9ET
Telling Towergate about a claim
- If you have an accident or loss you might want to claim for under the policy, you must advise them as soon as possible with as much information as possible.
- You must tell the police about any theft, attempted theft, vandalism, malicious damage or loss of your craft.
Statutory cancellation rights
You may cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase by contacting the British Canoeing Membership team. You will be given a full refund of any premium paid provided that;
- You have not made and are not intending to make a claim
- No incident likely to give rise to a claim has occurred
British Canoeing is an Introducer appointed representative (IAR) of Towergate Insurance. Towergate Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England, company no. 4043759. Registered address: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent. ME14 3EN.