When you take out your British Canoeing membership, you can currently choose from four options either individual, multi craft, individual plus or multi craft plus cover.
Please note from 1st Feb 2020 the available cover will be changing and has been simplified to a single, straightforward product designed for paddlers. Full details of all polices available to members outlined below
Current insurance offer (Available until 31st Jan 2020):
- Cover for canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, paddles, helmets and buoyancy aids
- Cover for accidental loss or damage
- Up to 30 days in Europe at any one time
- Cover for all canoeing activities, including competitions
Individual cover includes:
Only £35 JOIN HERE >>
Our multi craft cover includes:
Only £60 JOIN HERE >>
Individual cover plus+ includes:
Only £90 JOIN HERE >>
Our multi craft cover plus+ includes:
Only £180 JOIN HERE >>
New Craft Insurance Policy (Available from 1st February 2020)
One product, one price:
- Cover for up to two craft (canoes, paddleboards and kayaks) up to £2,000 each
- Up to £250 cover for any one paddle
- Theft cover where the canoe is suitably secured
- Accidental damage excluding denting or bruising whilst in transit.
Only £45….coming soon!
Purchasing Craft Insurance
The insurance runs with your membership. So, simply add it when joining or renewing on our online membership system.
For the current policy wording including individual, multi craft, individual plus or multi craft plus cover click here or downloaded from your membership area.
For the new Craft insurance Policy available from 1st February click here.
If you need cover now and don’t want to wait until your membership renewal, you can get craft insurance directly with Towergate by calling them on 0344 892 1318 for a quote.
How to make a claim
If you have purchased craft insurance as part of your membership and you would like to make a claim, you should contact Towergate Insurance for a claim form and instructions.
This should be done as soon as reasonably practicably after the occurrence.
Telephone: 0330 018 2292
Email: [email protected]
In writing: Specialist Personal Lines, Direct Group, PO Box 800, Elland, HX1 9ET
Telling Towergate about a claim
- If you have an accident or loss you might want to claim for under the policy, you must advise them as soon as possible with as much information as possible.
- You must tell the police about any theft, attempted theft, vandalism, malicious damage or loss of your craft.
Statutory cancellation rights
You may cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase by contacting the British Canoeing Membership team. You will be given a full refund of any premium paid provided that;
- You have not made and are not intending to make a claim
- No incident likely to give rise to a claim has occurred
British Canoeing is an Introducer of Towergate Insurance. Towergate is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Registered in England Company No. 4043759, Registered Office: 1 Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7AA Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the FCA’s register by checking the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768