Enjoy The Benefits
Becoming a member of British Canoeing ensures you can access a range of great benefits. Click the links to learn more about each of these in detail. Top membership benefits include:
- Waterways licence - this will ensure you can use your craft on waterways outside of your club sessions and trips.
- Insurance - enjoy Combined Liability Insurance providing for legal liability cover following negligence, nuisance or trespass. Also designed to support Coaches deliver guidance and advice.
- Craft Insurance - access to individual or multi craft insurance to ensure your canoe, kayak or paddleboard is covered.
- Communications - regular paddler-focused content and advice as well as a discounted rate for the popular Paddler & SUP magazine.
- Special Offers and Discounts - a range of great offers from leading retailers from Cotswold Outdoor to Dryrobe.
Save Yourself Money
Joining British Canoeing could save you money simply by showing your membership card in store or using one of the discount codes available. It’s easy to make back the cost of your membership - if not more!
For example, getting a 15% discount on purchases totalling £300 over a year would save you the cost of your annual individual membership.
No matter what kit you are looking to stock up on you could save a few pounds and with a number of large companies on the list covering a real mix of outdoor activities there is something for everyone!
5 ways we can save you money
- Your waterways licence - it’s cheaper to be a member than buy a separate licence for each of the main waterways authorities including Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust and the Broads Authority. With a licence costing £38.20 for the Environment Agency, £53.71 for the Canal & River Trust and £33.84 for the Broads Authority, the annual membership fee is a cost effective way to get covered.
- The 3rd party insurance covers up to £10 million in cover as part of your membership. This policy covers the cost of defending yourself against a claim in the event that you are held responsible for an injury to someone else or damage to their property.
- Canoe and Kayak Insurance provided by Towergate. Prices are competitive against other providers and you are covered for both competitive and recreational paddles and for all types of water whether flat or white water. It also includes cover for your paddle and other kit.
- Member discounts with companies including Cotswold Outdoor and Snow and Rock offering 15% discount on purchases. Plus you get an exclusive discount on a subscription to the print edition of The Paddler magazine.
Click here for a full list of discounts and benefits.
- Discounts on personal development courses including star awards and safety training.
When you think membership is the equivalent of £3.75 a month or 86 pence a week, you get a lot for your money!
Help Support Paddling
Being a member of British Canoeing, you will not only get great value membership, you help guarantee the future for our fantastic sport!
We exist to represent our members' interests and to support the wider paddling community.
We have launched Stronger Together, our strategic plan for the whole of the sport which will guide our work until 2021. You can see the details of the plan here. Your membership will help us:
- Achieve greater access to our inland waterways as we know members and non-members are passionate about this.
- Work hard with key partners to lobby for increased access - we have published a statement which outlines our plans and proposals to address the challenges. This can be read here.
- Improve canoeing experiences for everyone; from those exploring our inland waterways, to those paddling an exciting stretch of white water.
- Support clubs, centres and volunteers around the country
- Support the sports disciplines and our current and future Olympic and Paralympic Champions.