The key changes
- The introduction of a free "Digital Sign Up" for fans, supporters and independent paddlers
- The introduction of a Club Associate membership category for members of clubs who are not members of British Canoeing
- The introduction of a new category of membership for national volunteers and officials who do not paddle
- Improving the services for full individual members
- Making some amendments to the Family membership categories
Please note: these changes will only affect members in England.
The new membership categories and benefits
|Membership Type||Sign Up||Club Associate||On the Bank||On the Water|
|Insurance for Club Sessions||Yes||Yes|
|Insurance for Officials and Volunteers||Yes||Yes|
|Insurance for all canoeing activities||Yes|
|Insurance for Coaching||Yes|
|Access to Competitions||Yes|
|Access to coaching Courses||Yes|
|Special offers and Discounts||Yes (limited)||Yes||Yes|
|Optional pay extra Boat Insurance||Yes||Yes|
|Advice and Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voting Rights (over 18's)||Yes||Yes|
Selecting the right category
We will select a category for members based on the current membership held. At the point of renewal members will be able to select a different category.
On the 2 April 2018, all active members will transfer over to the On the Water membership package.
As your membership is due to renew you'll be able to choose the right category for the activities you do.
Members with an inactive membership
For those members who have not renewed their membership within the last few months will be moved to the free Sign Up category and continue to receive communications from British Canoeing. These members can either stay within the free offer, renew their membership or unsubscribe.