Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People Training
A range of safeguarding training courses and learning opportunities are available, from basic awareness to specialist training. These courses are designed to enable staff, coaches and volunteers in various roles to increase their knowledge and skills in order to safeguard children effectively.
Safeguarding Adults Training
Following publication of The Care Act 2014 there is an increasing number of Safeguarding Adult training courses available. Ann Craft Trust are the leading authority on safeguarding disabled children and adults at risk and can provide sport specific Safeguarding training, visit their website for further details.
Which level of training do you need?
Depending on your role and the frequency of work you do with Children and Young people, you will be required to complete different levels of Safeguarding Training. Our Training and Disclosure Requirements Table will help you identify which level of course you need to complete.
Already completed training through your work place or different setting?
You may have already attended Basic Safeguarding training or Online Introductory training through your work place or local authority. Click here to see if your course can be recognised as an equivalent course to those detailed below.
Time to Listen Workshop Dates
(The following are Multi-Sport Time to Listen workshops run by County Sport Partnerships)
- Cheltenham, GL51 6PN, 2 May 2018, More Info
- Ingham, LN1 2WE, 17 May 2018, More Info
- Winchester, SO21 2NF, 21 May 2018, More Info
- Bristol, BS16 1QY, 24 May 2018, More Info
- Oxford, OX4 6NA, 12 June 2018, More Info
- Woking, 18 June 2018, More Info
- Truro, TR1 3AY, 17 July 2018, More Info
- Huntingdon, PE28 3DF, 10 Sept 2018, More Info
- Loughborough (Run by Snowsport England), LE11 3QF, 20 Oct 2018, More Info
- York, YO23 3UW, 23 Oct 2018, More Info