Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People Training
A range of safeguarding training courses and learning opportunities are available, from basic awareness to specialist training. These courses are designed to enable staff, coaches and volunteers in various roles to increase their knowledge and skills in order to safeguard children effectively.
Safeguarding Adults Training
Following publication of The Care Act 2014 there is an increasing number of Safeguarding Adult training courses available. Ann Craft Trust are the leading authority on safeguarding disabled children and adults at risk and can provide sport specific Safeguarding training, visit their website for further details.
Which level of training do you need?
Depending on your role and the frequency of work you do with Children and Young people, you will be required to complete different levels of Safeguarding Training. Our Training Requirements Table will help you identify which level of course you need to complete.
Already completed training through your work place or different setting?
You may have already attended Basic Safeguarding training or Online Introductory training through your work place or local authority. Click here to see if your course can be recognised as an equivalent course to those detailed below.
British Canoeing Safeguarding Workshops Oct – Dec 2019
Between Mid-October and Mid-December British Canoeing will be delivering 12 Safeguarding workshops across England. The purpose of these workshops is to equip all Club Welfare Officers with the skills and knowledge in order to undertake their role in line with British Canoeing’s policies and procedures. Specifically the workshops will concentrate on four main areas:
1. The role of the CWO and who / how to appoint.
2. What do good policies look like?
3. Policies in practice – how to implement and review.
4. General Q&A session around Safeguarding
Clubs are invited to send their CWOs, anyone interested in taking up this vital club role, or senior position holders in their committee structure who may be required to be involved in safeguarding cases. We are really keen to engage and support our Clubs in this area so it would be great to see some of you there!
Dates and locations for the workshops are as follows:
- Oct 16th -Plymouth – Mountbatten Centre
- Oct 23rd - Durham – TCR The Hub, Barnard Castle
- Oct 24th - Pennine Canoe and Rowing Club, Mirfield
- Oct 30th - Northampton – Nene Whitewater Centre
- Nov 6th - Stafford & Stone Canoe Club
- Nov 7th - Worcester Canoe Club
- Nov 1st - Norwich Canoe Club
- Nov 14th - Langford Village Hall, Langford, Essex
- Nov 27th - British Canoeing, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham
- Dec 4th - Southampton Canoe Club
- Dec 5th - Wey Kayak Club, Guildford
- Dec 16th - Wiltshire Youth Canoe Club, Melksham
To register your interest in attending any of these events please click here.
Time to Listen Workshop Dates
(The following are Multi-Sport Time to Listen workshops run by County Sport Partnerships)
- Loughborough, 28th September 2019 - More Info