Below you will find the information you need in relation to Safeguarding contacts.
- British Canoeing Safeguarding Lead
For anyone wishing to report a Safeguarding incident or concern.
Cath Cooke Tel: 0115 6660197* Email: [email protected]
(Call emergency services, 999 or 112, if someone needs immediate medical attention or is at risk of immediate harm or danger)
- British Canoeing Lead Safeguarding Officer - England
For general enquires and guidance about Safeguarding policies, documents and processes. Email: [email protected]
- Online Disclosures helpline
For help and advice with the DBS online application system. Tel: 0115 9694600 Email: [email protected]
- For DBS eligibility and Post Office application enquires
Phillippa Dudley - Tel: 0115 6660199 Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Lead for Performance and Talent
For general enquiries, advice, or concerns relating to our Olympic or Paralympic disciplines.
Zofia Campbell Tel: 07949 503460 Email: [email protected]
*(If calling out of office hours, leave a message and your call will be responded to as soon as possible the next working day.)
Scottish Canoe Association Lead Safeguarding Officer
Andy Murray Tel: 07900 887007 Email: [email protected]
Canoe Association of Northern Ireland Lead Safeguarding Officer
Mary Doyle Tel: 07793 204593 Email: [email protected]
Canoe Wales Lead Safeguarding Officer
Cath Sykes Tel: 07908 683984 Email: [email protected]
Other helpful organisations that can offer support and advice relating to safeguarding issues:
- NSPCC CHILD PROTECTION Helpline Tel: 0808 800 5000
- CHILDLINE Tel: 0800 1111
- Anti-Bullying Alliance
- Thinkuknow - Information about Online Safety
- Activity Alliance - the national charity and leading voice for disabled people in sport and activity
- Stonewall- a charity supporting lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, questioning and ace (LGBTQ+) people everywhere
- Sporting Equals - the national charity promoting ethnic diversity across sport and physical activity.