Introducing Go Paddling
Go Paddling is the British Canoeing initiative which aims to get new people into paddlesport and keep them there.
How does Go Paddling deliver this?
Working closely with English & Welsh affiliated clubs, Delivery Partners and qualified coaches, instructors & leaders, the scheme provides clear pathways for those new to paddling.
- It offers support for clubs, Delivery Partners and independent coaches, instructors & leaders, to deliver introductory and follow up sessions, including the Paddle Awards.
- It signposts new paddlers to how and where to go paddling through a bespoke website www.gopaddling.info.
What is a Go Paddling Provider?
A Go Paddling Provider can be any English/Welsh affiliated club, Delivery Partner, qualified coach, leader or instructor who opts into running introductory activities through the Go Paddling scheme.
Please contact your National Association on how to get promoted on the Go Paddling Website.
Scotland - https://www.canoescotland.org/
Wales - https://www.canoewales.com/
If you are not currently affiliated or a Delivery Partner click here to find out how you can get involved.
All providers delivering the Paddle Awards must use coach(es), leader(s) or instructor(s) who have completed the Personal Performance Awards e-learning and meet British Canoeing update requirements.
Certification of the NEW Paddle Awards
The certification process for the NEW Paddle Awards has been designed and developed to create a straight forward, effective and efficient process for both paddlers and providers.
- Online payments
- Candidate receives their certification within minutes of uploading
- Ability to share over social media sites
- Removes the need for filling in and posting paperwork
To submit your Paddle Start and Paddle Discover candidates, visit: https://gopaddling.info/course-provider-upload-centre/
To submit the Paddle Explore & Discipline Specific Awards, log in to your Membership Portal.
Watch the Guidance videos below for a step by step guide of how to certificate paddlers with their Personal Performance Award.