Partnership funding is the key to getting your project from an idea on paper into reality. It can be difficult to get, hard to find and often does not come within your desired timescale! Nonetheless it is essential, so this page offers some help in sourcing that much needed investment.
British Canoeing is here to help
There is no one-stop shop for funding; it takes hard work and determination to seek out the sources that best suit your project. A good starting place is the British Canoeing funding search tool which can filter local and national streams.
Importantly make sure you understand who and what the partner will fund. Make sure your project fits their criteria and research their organisational aims carefully.
One of the most commonly used funding streams is Sport England and their various programmes:
- Small grants of up to £10,000
- Open application process. These can be turned around in a relatively short amount of time.
Other sources of funding:
- Planning gain and Community Infrastructure Levy
- Big Lottery
- Urban Regeneration
- Entrust, Landfill Communities Fund
- Peoples lottery, Health Fund
- Banks & building societies
- Sport relief
- Awards for all
- Local charities and benefactors