ClubTogether is an online portal available to all clubs for FREE as part of their affiliation package to British Canoeing. The system makes the task of club affiliation quicker and easier and allows your club to get all the information on your members and coaches securely in one place.
All clubs that sign up (using the form below) and upload their associate members by the 1st May are in with a chance of winning a fantastic Club Kit Prize!
1. Club affiliation online: Makes it easier for you to complete affiliation and manage your club roles and associate members.
2. Upload your club members: lets your members keep their own details up to date and allows them to choose if they would like to receive communications from British Canoeing through our ClubTogether news letter.
3. Club Profile: Edit and manage your club details
4. Reports: Access to reports on your members and your club coaches update status
5. GDPR: All data is held in a secure environment helping you with data protection
5 Step Setup Checklist
Before you get started there are a couple of items that you should check are in place.
- Decide who your online administrator will be and register below. For example, Club Secretary, Treasurer
- Ensure you communicate with club members that you will be using the portal and review your clubs data capture notice before you start uploading data, ensuring you are GDPR compliant.
- Find out who within your club is already a British Canoeing member. Once you are logged into the system you can then instantly start linking these members, to show they are part of your club
- Collate a spreadsheet of the non British Canoeing members so you can then upload these as club associates
- Review the details held in the system against your club and update your clubs key roles and club details.
To help you, we have created a template processing notice for data capture and a user guide to the system. These are both shown in Useful Downloads (bottom right hand side of this page)
If your club would like to gain access the ClubTogether portal fill out the form below and we'll be in touch to get this set up.
The best way to learn about the features available is to login and take a look, but below is an overview of the main functions available.
An overview of pilot and checklist is available for download along with a How To guide.
- Create and update your club profile e.g. contact information, activities or committee members
- Complete your club affiliation and renewal
- Confirm that you want your club displayed on Canoe Near You
- Purchase boat licences
- Bulk upload your non British Canoeing members using an Excel spreadsheet
- Add individual members, view records or renew club associate members
- Assign roles to club members. For example, Safety Officer, Treasurer
- As British Canoeing members link themselves to your club, you can see all your members in one place
- Standard club reports including membership and coach update scheme
- Membership dashboard with an overview of members by role, membership category or status
Next Stage Developments - Club+
Over the coming months we will be developing Club+. That has a number of extra features that clubs will find beneficial and help you out even more!
- Event Management - run your club events, from private social events through to a canoe or kayak race
- Membership Management - set up and allow members to pay for their club membership or boat storage fees
- Set up your club with a merchant account to manage all finances
Some of these will be at an additional cost to the club.
Club Prize - Up for grabs
We're excited to launch this fantastic prize offer. Allowing one lucky club the opportunity to win £500 of club branded kit and the set up of a bespoke online kit store for the winning club, FREE of charge. To be in with a chance of winning, make sure you sign up to the ClubTogether portal and upload your clubs associate members before the 1st May!– Jenny Spencer - Membership Marketing Manager
WIN £500 club branded kit + set up of a bespoke online club store!!!
British Canoeing has launched ClubTogether, an online portal available to all clubs for FREE as part of their affiliation package to British Canoeing. To celebrate the system launch we have a fantastic prize up for grabs!
How can you win?
Every club that uploads their Associate Club Members before the 1st May through the GoMembership ClubTogether portal will be in with a chance of winning. To find out more information about how to do this, visit the Overview Tab.
Prize Details: £500 of Errea club kit, which can be custom branded with club logo. Alongside this, the winning club will get the opportunity for a bespoke online club kit store to be set up. The online store provider Kinect will work with the club on developing a range of clothing/merchandise. The store will be fully automated taking the hassle of processing orders and taking payments away from the club. It will all be fully automated club branded store, with no setup or ongoing fees.
Terms and Conditions apply
1. Clubs will need to have signed up to get access to ClubTogether and uploaded club associates into the GoMembership online portal by May 1st
2. Any club that has signed up before the date listed will be entered into the a prize draw
3. £500 of club kit to be selected through Errea clothing lines
4. There is no cash alternative
5. Online club store to be set up with the club through Kinect a partner of British Canoeing
5. British Canoeing and Kinect have the right to alter, amend or withdraw the offer
6. The winning club will need to agree to promotional activities around the win, including photography of the club kit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your questions about ClubTogether answered:
What are the costs for using the system?
We'll be offering ClubTogether to all affiliated clubs as one of the benefits of affiliation to British Canoeing.
The club management, member management and affiliation processing is all included in the current fees that you pay.
Can we choose which parts of the system we use?
Yes, that is possible. British Canoeing would like to reassure all clubs that the new process will not be compulsory, and clubs can choose whether to use the new online system or to continue with the current form and process.
We'd encourage clubs to explore all the features, because you'll find the greatest benefit by using more of the system.
When we upload members, will British Canoeing be contacting them? I'm concerned about our members receiving marketing.
When you upload the details of your non British Canoeing members to the system, we will send them a registration email so that they are able to login and complete their details including an Emergency Contact.
At this point, they will be given the option to opt in to communications from British Canoeing. This will be really clear with details of what they are signing up for. In every communication sent we include an unsubscribe option.
We think it's important that everyone in the paddlesport community has the opportunity to hear about news, guidance, updates and events.
What details do we need to provide on members?
When doing a bulk upload of members there are a number of mandatory fields to help reduce the likelihood of duplicate records.
The key items of data are Name, Date of Birth and Postcode, but the more information included in the spreadsheet, the more complete each record will be.
We will provide clubs with a template to be used when uploading members, and this is also available within the ClubTogether portal.