August Paddle Challenge
The August Paddle Challenge has now finished. Well done to everyone who paddled their 30 or 60 miles.
The Winter Paddle Challenge runs during January and February.
Upload Your Completed Challenges Here
Congratulations on completing the Winter Paddle Challenge. There is no need to preregister your challenge. Register your completed challenge details below. Once you have completed your 30, 60 or 120 miles you can use the form below to submit a completed Winter Paddle Challenge and receive your boat sticker.
If you're entering as a group, please let us know the name of the group and the number of people in the feedback box at the bottom of the form. We can then send you the right amount of boat stickers.
Copyright and Permissions
Please note that by uploading any images you are confirming you are happy for these to be used by British Canoeing for the purposes of promoting and celebrating the Winter Paddle Challenge in any of our promotional materials, website and/or publications. You should ensure any images submitted have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. If the image subject is a child or children who are identifiable then parental permission must have been obtained prior to submission.
British Canoeing is a privacy conscious organisation and is strongly committed to an individual’s right to privacy. All data gathered following the completion of this form will only be utilised for the purposes specified on the form. Any personal data will be processed and stored in compliance with the British Canoeing Data Protection Policy and in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws in effect at the time of publication of this form, including but not limited to, the GDPR which came into effect on 25th May 2018.
Further information on British Canoeing’s approach to privacy and data protection, including our privacy notices, policies and contact details, can be located in our Privacy Centre. Should you wish any data we hold relating to you to be deleted at any point, you should contact us at [email protected]
Winter Paddle Challenge
As the nights draw in and temperatures start to dip it can be tough to keep up your paddling motivation. We want to give you all a little extra incentive to throw yourself out of the door and into a boat this winter, so we bring you the Winter Paddle Challenge!
This January and February we challenge you to paddle 30, 60 or 120 miles to earn yourself a snazzy new boat sticker! With 59 days to complete the challenge, it’s time to chuck on your thermals, hit the water and bag your boat some bling.
You can take part in or on any type of paddlecraft and as it’s winter, we are allowing miles paddled on an ergo to count too...how nice are we?! Once you have racked up your miles you will be able to register your achievement with us to receive your free boat sticker.
You might choose to have an epic weekend on the water and collect all your miles in one go, or you may prefer to put in mile or two each day. It doesn't matter how you do it or what kind of craft you paddle, so long as you hit the 30, 60 or 120 mile target a shiny new sticker can be yours.
A little extra incentive
Complete and register your 30, 60 or 120 miles and you could be in with a chance of winning one of these great spot prizes:
- £250 gift certificate - to be used personally by the winner or for the club of their choice and a spray deck
- 4 x Kayak Pro cags
- 5 x Kayak Pro spray deck and cockpit cover bundles
- 5 x subscription to Paddle Logger Edition app.
In addition to these the following spot prizes will also be up for grabs:
- 4 x Paddling Trail multimap bundles (consisting of 2 x multimaps and 2 x British Canoeing keyrings)
- 2 x exclusive Winter Paddle Challenge t-shirts
Terms and conditions apply. Click here for terms and conditions.
Some ideas on how to hit your target...
- Club together - get everyone in your club involved and you can all have matching boat stickers; how cool is that?! Almost as cool as when parents dress their children in matching outfits (I'm having shell suit flashbacks now). But seriously, we would love to see some clubs going on group trips to hit target. Club camping trip anyone?
- Set an ergo paddle challenge - bit too nippy outside for a club camping trip? Set up an ergo challenge instead! Keep a chart beside an ergo in your club house and see who can hit the 30, 60 and 120 mile targets first. For more information on renting or purchasing an ergo click here.
- Hit the trail - or multiple ones to be more precise. We have over 150 canoe trails listed on our trails map. Look for the ones local to you and keep ticking them off until you hit your target. Then tick a few more off; just to be sure.
- Race your mates - we know you paddlers are a competitive bunch. If you're going to take on the challenge wouldn't it be great to get your mates to join in and then be the first in your group to hit target?! We advise telling everyone you're not bothered about winning before sneaking off for early morning paddles. Or arranging a big party for the gang, then not turning up because you're on the water clocking up your miles!
- Plan a winter warmer weekend - crisp mornings and winter sunshine are the perfect antidote to the post-Christmas blues. Plan a long weekend away and spend some time paddling in the great outdoors to revive your spirits. If you don't have your own equipment our hire providers to help you out.
- Just do it - you can ignore all our ideas if you like - we won't cry (much). Get on the water, enjoy yourself and 30, 60 or 120 miles will be done before you know it.
Claiming your sticker
Hold your horses - you don't need to pre-register that you're going to take part in the challenge with us!
Once the challenge starts just complete your mileage, fill in the registration form (which will go live at the start of January) to let us know which distance you have done and you will get your sticker.