Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport
This four hour practical workshop has been developed for paddling or non-paddling coaches working with paddlers in their first few years of paddling activity.
The workshop can be tailored to suit coaches from Level 1 through to Level 5 from any discipline.
Find courses near you
This workshop aims to help ensure that paddlers develop quality skills during their formative years by expanding coaches’:
- Understanding about what is required to add quality to performance
- Observation and analysing skills
- Ability to use appropriate games, activities and practices to develop performance
By the end of this workshop participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the three concepts that underpin the Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport (Balance, Coordination and Agility)
- Understand the link between FUNdamentals of Movement in Paddlesport and the four concepts of Fundamental Paddlesport Skills. (Active Posture, Connectivity, Power Transfer and Feel)
- Understand the application of three concepts through observation/performance of a variety of Fundamental Movement skills and Discipline Specific skills
- Observe and evaluate performance in relation to three concepts at Novice (Cognitive), Practising (Associative) and Skilled (Autonomous)
- Develop practices to improve observed areas in relation to the three concepts
This is a water-based module delivered in 4 hours of contact time.
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical on-the-water activities as part of this course. The Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport Foundation Module the course provider will submit successful participants for certification.
British Canoeing will then issue an attendance certificate subject to a certification fee of £5 for British Canoeing members or £10 for non-members.