Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning (CNTP)
Becoming a Provider
Coaches wishing to become a CNTP Provider are required to complete a provider logbook. This is open to updated coaches with the following:
- Level 3 Coach (Sea) or Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport with Moderate Water Endorsement (Sea)
- Advanced Sea Kayak Leader
- Coach update status valid
- Be a Registered 3 Star Sea Assessor, and have run a 3 Star Sea assessment
- Have attended a VHF Course
- Have attended a Coastal Navigation Course within the previous three years
The logbook process requires the aspirant provider to complete the following (in order):
- Attend orientation training course delivered by Home Nation (one day) or by attending a course delivered by a Home Nation Trainer.
- Complete an action plan, including working on or observing courses with existing providers.
- Assessed Delivery – arrange for an existing provider to assess your delivery of a British Canoeing CNTP Course.
On completion of the above tasks, the logbook should be returned to the Home Nation for verification and registration as a CNTP Provider.
To request a logbook or to make arrangements for orientation please contact Joanne Simpson, Administrative Lead, on 0115 896 8825 or email email@example.com
Maintaining the Role
In order to ensure that course directors remain current they are required to meet the following requirements:
Coach Update Scheme - Providers are required to maintain their British Canoeing Coach Update Scheme requirements in order to retain their Provider role.
Minimum Delivery - deliver at least one course every three years. Providers who have been unable to maintain their currency can assist as a suitably experienced assistant on a course to reinstate their Provider status, ensuring their name appears on the course schedule. Providers who fail to do either of the above within four years will be considered as lapsed and must re-attend a one-day re‐orientation course or other action plan as deemed necessary by Home Nation.
Course Administration Procedures
Course Authorisation is required, prior to running these modules. This can be obtained through the Home Nation Coaching Office and must be requested at least 14 days in advance of the course. British Canoeing Course Providers should complete the Course Authorisation Request form.
A Course Schedule must be returned to your Home Nation Coaching Officer within seven days of the course, with the relevant certification fees. A course schedule is provided by the Home Nation Coaching Office at the time of notification of the Course Authorisation Number.
The Certification Fees are £5 for British Canoeing members and £10 for non-members.