British Rafting National Selection event for the 2019 season will be taking place on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December 2018 at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
The British Rafting R6 selection event is for the 2019 competition season for the GB teams.
The racing will follow R6 race format (International Rafting Federation Rules apply). Competition will take place in Sprint, Head-to-Head, Slalom and Downriver (Endurance).
Entry fee £150 (earlybird) per team includes water fees and a meal on Saturday. Earlybird entries close on the 18th November, late entry fees will be £250 per team and will be available from the 18th November to the 25th November 2018.
Teams are welcome from any nation to compete - GB selections will take place throughout the competition.
To enter your team you will need to logon via British Canoeing's Go Membership portal.
You will need the following information to sign in and submit your team:
- Your membership number or email address. (If you are not a member, you can set up an account by signing up as a new guest member for free).
- Your team name
- Full names, DOB, and email address for every team member.
- To be eligible for selection, all team members will also need full 'On The Water' British Canoeing or other Home Nation membership. Membership numbers will be required and checked.
All teams entering the British Rafting 2019 National Selection event must declare:
- All team participants are sufficiently competent to paddle on Grade 3 water.
- All team participants are capable of swimming 25 metres fully clothed.
- All team participants will wear ISO compliant buoyancy aid, and helmet at all times whilst on the water and/or when crossed the fence to “bankside".
- All team participants will wear footwear and water clothing appropriate to the weather conditions.
If you have any questions about the event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org