2020 Extreme Slalom National Championships & Selection Races
In 2020, there will be an Extreme Slalom National Championships and selection event which will take place outside out the Boater X series.
The event will take place at Lee Valley White Water Centre on Saturday 18th April from 15:30. The schedule for the day is:
- 15:30 - Athlete Briefing
- 17:00 - Time Trial on the legacy course
- 19:00 - Racing on the Olympic Course
- 20:45 - Presentations
To register to participate please click here.
Boater X sees four racers battle it out at the same time down a white water course in an action packed event.
Fast paced and full of energy, Boater X racing pits the best white water kayakers in a tough head to head format. Nothing is certain as competitors charge down a white water course, negotiating obstacles such as gates, buoys or even a kayak roll zone - all the while fighting other racers for position.
2020 Boater X Series
After a successful first series in 2019, British Canoeing are looking for venues and events to host events as part of the 2020 series.
The events can be arranged any time in 2020
To support organisers, British Canoeing will:
- Prepare Boater X series rules
- Offer recommendations for their event based on feedback from the 2019
- Coordinate dates with other venues to avoid clashes
- Advertise events through series posters, web page & social media
- Organise a series raffle with prizes available to all participants across the country
- Offer access BC equipment such as gazebos, branding, podiums
- Offer access to BC branded medals with opportunity for event/Boater X logo and text
- Provide BC branded prizes and give-aways
- Produce a results systems for events and an online overall series leader board
- Provide the overall series winners with trophies
- Provide links to potential sponsors and partners who may be able to provide promotion, prizes or equipment
All that we would ask of the events is to:
- Organise an en event and take entries either in advance or on the day
- Deliver the event in line with the Boater X rules
- Ensure that each participant is a BC member or has provided contact information to pass to BC.
- Provide BC with the results of the event (participant names & rankings) so they can be added to the central results system.
- Demonstrate that the event is insured.
- Agree to promote the other events involved with the series.
Venues that would like to host an event as part of the series can contact Rich Stacey-Chapman at British Canoeing to arrange the details.
2019 saw the first British Canoeing Boater X series with events taking place at Cardiff International WW, Lee Valley and Holme Pierrepont.
Full results for each of the events can be found here:
The overall rankings can be found here along with the winners of each category:
- Men - Gareth Farrow
- Women - Emily Buchanan
- Junior Men - Solomon Entwistle
- Junior Women - Sennah Nader-Humphries
The winning adults at each event won a £100 cash prize and an annual pass to access the White Water at the venue where they won. Junior winners also received the white water pass and a goody bag of prizes provided by our sponsors - Palm, Pyranha and Wave Sport.
Anyone who made the podium also received a Boater X medal.
There were also prizes for the overall Series Champions who received a trophy and a winners bib.
As well as the prizes for winners there was also a prize draw with 4 prizes provided by our sponsors on offer to anyone who had entered across the series: