Coach and Provider Development Programme
British Canoeing has expanded its offering of modules and courses, as well as orientation/moderation events and coach updates, to support coaches in their own personal development and individual learning journey. The programme aims to support and supplement current Coach Educator training and assessments and provide wider opportunities for coaches to access modules and moderation. Courses offered are:
- Coaching Qualification courses.
- Coach Educator Moderation (to be held at The National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham only).
- Provider Orientation. Course prerequisites are required before obtaining a logbook and attending an orientation event. Please check that you meet these requirements by checking the relevant page of the website: 3 Star Provider, Moderate Water Leader Provider, Advanced Water Leader Provider, FSRT Provider before submitting a booking form. Access to the Provider Orientation events may be determined on a demand-level basis and therefore places may not be guaranteed.
- Provider Moderation.
- Discipline Support Modules.
Although the Coach and Provider Development Programme is centrally administered and coordinated, the programme offered is based at a range of venues throughout England providing access to courses, modules and moderations on prescribed dates and across all the venues, supporting coaches at all levels.
Offerings at each venue may vary depending on location, so please check all venue programmes to gain an indication of all options available. The programme and offerings will be updated on an ongoing basis.
To view course options and dates, click on your preferred venue and complete the online booking form:
- The Anderton Centre (North West)
- Aldwark Scout Activity Centre (Yorkshire)
- The National Mountain Sports Centre, Plas y Brenin (North Wales)
- The National Water Sports Centre (Central)
- Lee Valley International White Water Centre (South East)
- Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre (South West)
- River Dart Country Park (South West)
Venue (North East) - tbc
NB. Programme dates to follow - Moderate Water Leader Orientation / Advanced Water Leader Orientation / Discipline Support Modules / Safeguarding.