The below positions are for positions in external companies. Please find full details below.
If you have a position you would like to advertise with us, please email [email protected]
Technical Coach at Stafford and Stone Canoe Club
Stafford & Stone Canoe Club is embarking on a partnership with British Canoeing as a Talent Club Partner. The aim of the partnership is to build a sustainable, world class talent development pathway at club level which supports every athlete to be the best they can be. A critical area of work within the TCP is to create a pathway to Olympic teams that develops and equips young athletes with the necessary physical, mental, technical and tactical skills to achieve their potential.
To facilitate the delivery of this project, Stafford & Stone CC is seeking to appoint a Technical Coach.
Title: Technical Coach
Term of Appointment: 6 Months - Renewable
Contract Fee: £15 per hour on site at an agreed numbers of hours per session. In exceptional circumstances this may be negotiable.
Location: Stafford & Stone Canoe Club, Westbridge Park, Stone, ST15 8QW
The contract is based on an estimated 2.5hrs hours per week. With the possibility of another session. Due to the current COVID situation we are currently unsure of how our groups will be made up in the near future.
As this is a self-employed position, any time not providing the services due to holiday or sickness is not paid.
The individual is required to have undergone a DBS check.
Travel expenses to Stone and possible races support will be covered by Stafford & Stone CC.
Opportunity to run extra sessions at other venues, such as Matlock and HPP. Subject to approval by the club.
The contracted individual is responsible for:
- Payment of PAYE and NI
- Maintaining all qualifications up to date and insurance through current individual membership of British Canoeing
- Liaising with the club if they are unable to perform their duties and finding a suitable replacement
- Notifying the club of any intended holiday arrangements at least 8 weeks in advance.
Purpose of Contract
The Technical coach will operate at Stafford & Stone Canoe Club leading delivery of coaching sessions to 2 groups. The purpose of the post is to join the existing coaching team and bring your slalom experience to the Club and help develop our slalom paddlers as they move up the rankings. Helping them with all aspects of slalom paddling and moving them onto other venues and giving them confidence of more challenging water. We would also be looking for someone with experience who is able to support the existing coaches and help them to develop and get their qualifications.
Key Areas of Work
Develop and monitor talent athletes in line with the Stafford & Stone CC coaching curriculum
Support the development of club coaches by sharing best practice and sport specific knowledge.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- British Canoeing Coaching Qualification – Slalom Coach Award Essential. Performance Coach Award Desirable.
- Excellent technical coaching knowledge
- Ability to identify and develop Talented athletes
- Demonstrate a high degree of Organisation and Planning related to talent development
- Demonstrate effective Communication, Teamwork and Leadership skills appropriate for this post.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including weekends and evenings. Offer race support where possible.
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, other coaches and club members.
Key Result Areas
The service provider will report progress on service requirement goals to the Coaching Team and Club Committee
The contractor must at all times provide services in compliance with Stafford & Stone Canoe Club and British Canoeing’s Equality, Codes of Conduct, Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adults Policies.
How to Apply
Submit your CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) by email to: [email protected]
Your covering email should include the following:
- Reasons for wishing to tender for this project and your suitability
- Confirmation of your right to work in the United Kingdom
- Names of at least two professional referees (we will not contact them at this stage).
- Your expected fee for the role.
Stafford & Stone Canoe Club will consider all applications and invite short listed individuals to interview. Likely timescales are as follows: Closing date for applications 31st July 2020 Interviews Aug 2020. Anticipated commencement of project Sept 2020, COVID Pandemic allowing.