The below positions are for positions in external companies. Please find full details below.
If you have a position you would like to advertise with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canoe Wales – Membership Assistant (PT)
Canoe Wales are currently recruiting a part-time Membership Assistant to work out of our head office at the National White Water Centre in Bala, North Wales.
As our Membership Assistant, you’ll be the first point of contact for our members when joining Canoe Wales, renewing their membership or contacting us for help – and it’s your job to provide excellent customer service and ensure that all enquiries are responded to quickly and professionally. You’ll need to be confident with using our online membership database (we’ll provide all the training you’ll need) and be friendly and engaging on the phone and in writing. This role requires great attention to detail and a willingness to learn new administrative skills – which could include everything from printing membership cards, to updating member records online to responding to Facebook messages.
For full details and how to apply, please visit our website at https://www.canoewales.com/vacancies
Belfast Boat Club and CANI Partnership – Club and Workforce Officer
Find out more information and how to apply here.
Talent Coach (Canoe Slalom)
Location: Breadalbane Canoe Club, (BCC) Aberfeldy & Grandtully, Perthshire
Remuneration £ 16,000 – £20,000 pa (commensurate with qualifications & experience)
Part time – 3 days per week on average
- Develop manage and deliver a seamless systematic training pathway for six ability bands from
- introduction to kayaking to graduation of athletes to meet the SCA inclusion criteria at performance level or GB level.
- Be the epicenter of coordination and communications with athletes, parents and guardians, the local council and leisure trust.
- Provide safety management systems for all aspects of the pathway.
- Provide training opportunities and mentoring to volunteer coaches, non-slalom paddlers and those who do not meet inclusion criteria, to cascade knowledge throughout the club.
- Create individualized athlete profiling and training plans with a performance contract between club and athlete.
- Work with SCA performance staff by discipline offering joint technical sessions with the SCA
- performance coach.
- Provide coaching and 5-7 training camps annually including an international camp.
The position holder should hold the British Canoeing Coach Award or equivalent. The club will support the coach in their progress towards the British Canoeing Performance Coach Award.
If you wish to express an interest in the role, require more information about BCC and to obtain the application forms please contact Calum McDiarmid, 07979608283 email: email@example.com
BCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are due by Monday 24th September 2018 to Breadalbane Canoe Club, Mains of Murthly, Aberfeldy, PH15 2EA.
“Breadalbane Canoe Club is an active and inclusive club promoting both recreational and competitive paddling. We encourage participation at all levels and work to protect, improve and promote responsible paddle sports”
Schools Club Liaison Coach - Norwich Canoe Club
A contract to deliver Coaching for Norwich Canoe Club to help with the 2018/2019 season.
£15 an hour up to a maximum of 50 hours a month if the work available ( may be made up by one
or more coaches) for a one year period initially.
The successful applicant (or their appointed and club approved deputy) will be a passionate flat
water racing coach who is ambitious to bring junior athletes from all areas of the community into
the sport and onto the British Canoeing talent pathway at Norwich Canoe Club. The role will
require someone who can communicate, plan and organise and be enthusiastic, resourceful and
independent. They will be comfortable making dynamic decisions when faced with unexpected
challenges with groups, paddlers or conditions. The Schools Club Liaison Coach will be ambitious
to develop their own coaching skills and qualifications, and they will be strongly supported in all
areas by Senior NCC coaches and the committee.
Full details and how to apply here.